The V Encuentro has compiled a list of resources provided by partners and Catholic organizations that are meant to assist Hispanic/Latino pastoral ministers, parents, and Catholics. Included are resources, prayers, webinars, lists of online masses and live streams. By clicking on the link below, you will be leaving the V Encuentro website. Links are provided solely for the user’s convenience. By providing these links, the V Encuentro and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops assumes no responsibility for, nor does it necessarily endorse, the website, its content, or sponsoring organizations.
Resources for Prayer, Worship and Mass in the Home
Make an Act of Spiritual Communion
(Source: Archdiocese of Detroit) – It has long been a Catholic understanding that when circumstances prevent one from receiving Holy Communion, it is possible to make an Act of Spiritual Communion which is a source of grace. Spiritual Communion means uniting one’s self in prayer with Christ’s sacrifice and worshiping Him in His Body and Blood. The most common reason for making an Act of Spiritual Communion is when a person cannot attend Mass. Acts of Spiritual Communion increase our desire to receive sacramental Communion and help us avoid the sins that would make us unable to receive Holy Communion worthily.
When unable to receive Holy Communion, pray the prayer below:
A prayer for Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love you above all things and I desire to receive you in my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace you as if you were already there and unite myself wholly to you.
Never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
Daily Readings and Texts for Mass
Liturgical Press: Give Us This Day Daily Prayer
Living with Christ Sunday Liturgy Texts
RCL Benziger – Order of Mass for adults and young disciples in both English and bilingual Spanish/English.
Maryknoll Office of Global Concerns Lent Guide focuses on the topic of “ecological conversion.” English
Instituto Fe y Vida – La Biblia Católica para la Fe y la Vida. Muestras de distintas maneras de acercarte a la Palabra
- Reflection Guide for Palm Sunday (English & Spanish): From Maryknoll that can be used alone or as a resource if you gather with others digitally.
- Liturgy Guides for celebrating Holy Week at home – Diocese of Owensboro, English and Spanish.
- Holy Week@Home Experience from The Pastoral Center – activities and prayer experiences for families with children
- Feet Washing: Growing Community and Compassion while Physical Distancing, (Webinar from Maryknoll) Holy Thursday, April 9th 11 am PDT | 1pm CDT | 2pm EDT
- Live Virtual Way of the Cross for Economic and Ecological Justice hosted by Maryknoll Good Friday, April 10, at 12 noon ET
- Lenten Resources – The Leadership Institute from the Diocese of Bridgeport curated a list of worksheets, prayers, prayer services, videos, and mini-courses
- Holy Week and Easter Resources from Sadlier Religion in English and Spanish
- Manual de Semana Santa para celebrarlo en familia– Diócesis de Monterrey (Spanish only)
- Cómo orar en casa con las palmas del Domingo de Ramos – Diócesis de Lafayette en Indiana (Spanish only)
- Recursos para las celebraciones de Semana Santa – del Verbo Divino (Spanish only)
- Celebrando la Semana Santa en Casa – seminario web de NCFYM
- Worship at Home (English) Liturgy of the Word Services at Home for Families
- OCP is evolving their website and social channels to provide new and fulfilling ways encounter God and His love at home. Check back frequently for regular updates.
- Recursos para la oración, adoración y misa en el hogar (Verbo divino)- (a) lecturas y oraciones para celebrar la Eucaristía en familia; (b) videos semanales sobre las lecturas del domingo, y (3) plegarias para orar en cuaresma, semana santa y pascua.
Magnifikid is an attractive presentation of the Catholic faith that makes it easy for children to participate in the Mass and to live their faith throughout the liturgical year. Free Digital version in English during COVID-19 Crisis.
Liturgy of the Hours
Liturgy of the Word via Zoom – Maryknoll’s Young Adult Digital Community, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9am and 5pm PS
Via Crucis Coronavirus (Spanish)