The V Encuentro has compiled a list of resources provided by partners and Catholic organizations that are meant to assist Hispanic/Latino pastoral ministers, parents, and all Catholics. Included are resources, prayers, webinars, lists of online masses and live streams. By clicking on the link below, you will be leaving the V Encuentro website. Links are provided solely for the user’s convenience. By providing these links, the V Encuentro and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops assumes no responsibility for, nor does it necessarily endorse, the website, its content, or sponsoring organizations.
Resources for Ministry during Covid-19 Crisis
We are continuously adding content as we receive it. Please send us any resource or links that may benefit our Hispanic/Latino Catholic Community (English and Spanish) and the Catholic community at large.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Faith-Based Communities
1. CDC’s Community-Based Organizations COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit CDC has designed this toolkit to help community-based organizations (CBOs) share clear and accurate information to educate community members about COVID-19 vaccines, raise awareness about the benefits of vaccination, and address common questions and concerns. Available in Spanish and other languages, they include:
- How to Promote Vaccination in your Community
- Materials for Communicating with Your Community Members
- Digital and Print Communication Resources(Fact Sheets, Infographics, Fotonovelas)
- Printable Stickers andSocial Media
2. The Get Vaccinated! Black Faith Community Toolkit, created by the Skinner Leadership Institute in collaboration with the National African American Clergy Network. A key feature in this toolkit is a step-by-step guide for houses of worship to becoming trusted immunization sites (see page 7).
3. Getting Involved with Vaccine Efforts. If your community is interested in supporting vaccine programs, use the CDC’s locator to determine local vaccine efforts and contact your state or local health department.
4. The Association of Immunization Managers (AIM) has now published their flyer: How Can Faith Leaders Help End the COVID-19 Pandemic? Support the COVID-19 vaccination effort. This newly released two-page flyer covers building vaccine confidence among your congregation and includes key resources for supporting vaccine access in your house of worship.
5. AIM has also created 4 part webinar series and material to promote vaccine confidence. You can view the webinar recording on AIM’s website at https://www.immunizationmanagers.org/page/vaccineconfidencewebinar.
6. Other resources from the CDC:
- A Guide for Community Partners: Increasing COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake Among Members of Racial and Ethnic Minority Communities
- COVID-19 Vaccine Equity: Best Practices for Community and Faith-Based Organizations
7. Resources from the CDC’s National Forum on COVID-19:
- Equitable Vaccine Implementation: Reaching People Where They Are
- Engaging Community-Based Organizations to be Vaccination Partners
- Increasing Vaccine Confidence Through Communication and Community Engagement
8. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services We Can Do This Toolkit, includes FAQs on vaccines and tips for communicating across audiences, as well as information for posting on faith-based websites and social media.
Youth & Young Adults
Resources for pastoral juvenil, youth ministry, young adult ministry, and campus ministry
Online Prayer Opportunities
Adoration, praise & worship, praying the rosary, and Stations of the Cross
Tools for Ministering Online
Software and resources to help pastoral ministers move their ministries online.
Resources for Directors of Faith Formation, Catechists and Pastoral Leaders
- Pope Francis’ Prayer with Mary for COVID-19
- Archbishop Gomez Prayer for COVID-19
- Prayer Card: English | Vietnamese
- Single-sided: English
- Double-sided: English
- Covid-19 Prayer of Solidarity (USCCB)
- A Coronavirus Prayer (America)
- Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- Light a Candle Online (from the National Shrine of St. John Neumann)
- Turning to God in Times of Tragedy
- The Catholic response to an epidemic (OSV)
- Lent in the time of COVID-19: Attaining holiness in the midst of a pandemic (OSV)
COVID-19 and Catholic Social Teaching (Ignatian Solidarity Network)
- Archbishop Gomez Prayer for COVID-19
Covid-19 Information and Pastoral Responses
Meet the Need Sunshine Calls Guidelines from Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church
Connecting with Parishioners – Potential Plan for Personal Calls from the Diocese of Joliet
El Ministerio durante la crisis de COVID 19 un Webinar para líderes de la Pastoral Hispana – Webinar (in Spanish) from the V Encuentro and NFCYM
Ser iglesia durante la crisis de COVID 19 un Webinar para el clero – Webinar (in Spanish) from NFCYM
A Faith Response to the Coronavirus (The Pastoral Center)
Our Sunday Visitor
Loyola Press Coronavirus Response Lesson
- Growing with GOD Coronavirus Response Lesson – Student Worksheet
- Growing with GOD Coronavirus Response Lesson – Teacher/Catechist/Parent Pages
- Growing with GOD Coronavirus Response Lesson – Lesson Resource
For Diocesan Leadership
COVID-19 Resources from the Leadership Roundtable – Management & Leadership Resources, Pastoral Resources, and Government