The V Encuentro has compiled a list of resources provided by partners and Catholic organizations that are meant to assist Hispanic/Latino pastoral ministers, parents, and Catholics. Included are resources, prayers, webinars, lists of online masses and live streams. By clicking on the link below, you will be leaving the V Encuentro website. Links are provided solely for the user’s convenience. By providing these links, the V Encuentro and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops assumes no responsibility for, nor does it necessarily endorse, the website, its content, or sponsoring organizations.
Resources for Children
We are continuously adding content as we receive it. Please send us any resource or links that may benefit our Hispanic/Latino Catholic Community (English and Spanish) and the Catholic community at large.
Resources for Children during COVID-19 crisis
Prayer and Mass
- MagnifiKid Online spiritual guide to help children pray and follow the Mass
- MagnifiKid – Downloadable Coloring Sheets in English
- Catholic Sprouts: Catholic mom Nancy offers a mix of prayer, saint stories, Scripture, and daily living designed for kids and young families.
- Children’s Prayers (Loyola Press)
- Praying with Children (Loyola Press)
- Sunday Connection– By grade or for families (Loyola Press)
- Tiny Saints – Free printable activity sheets for families and children who are missing Mass, school and might be stuck at home.
- At Home Activities – St. Mary’s Press
- Catechetical Activities: Diocese of San Bernardino
- The CatholicKid.com
- Catholic Gospel Coloring & Worksheets for Sunday Mass -CatholicMom.com, Free coloring pages, lesson plans, Mass worksheets, crossword and word search puzzles, and more to help you prepare for Sunday Mass.
- Go Catechist Prayer Activities
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles Activities
- Answering the Call to Mission (Recommended for All Grade Levels) Inside you will find different activities for K-8th grade students. Including a Poem and monogram activity.
- Be the Light of Christ in the World! (Recommended for All Grade Levels) Inside you will find the story of Blessed Stanley Rother, and activities on how to be a “light of christ”.
- Everyday Heroes: How Saints are our Heroes (Recommended for All Grade Levels) Inside you will find the story of St. José Luis Sánchez del Rio, and activities on finding a person they admire, writing a letter to St. José Luis, or collect shoes and socks to donate!
- Create a Celtic Cross (Recommended for All Grade Levels) Inside you will find different ways of creating Celtic crosses, and learn more about the meaning of the Cross.
- Giving Thanks for Our Call to Sainthood (Recommended for All Grade Levels) Inside you will find activities to make a placemat, to create a picture frame, or make silhouette of themselves.
- Be Thankful and Learn the Gifts of the Holy Spirit (Recommended for All Grade Levels) Inside you will find activities to make a Hawaiian Lei, a box or doves of with the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles Lenten Activities
- Lent Calendar (Recommended for Students in Upper Grades)*
- Lent Calendar (Recommended for Students in Lower Grades)*
- The Way of the Cross (Activity to make into Booklet–English)
- El Viacrucis (Actividad para hacer un folleto–Spanish)
- Prayer Service (Recommended for All Grade Levels)*
- Student Activity (Recommended for All Grade Levels)*
- Stations of the Cross–Missionary Reflections (Recommended for All Grade Levels–English)
- Teaching About and Celebrating Lent With Catholic Kids – Sadlier, Activities and Resources
- Stations of the Cross for Children
- Lenten Activities (CatholicMom.com)
- Holy Week@Home Experience from The Pastoral Center – activities and prayer experiences for families with children
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- Holy Week: Reflections of the Events of Holy Week (Recommended for Students in K-2nd Grade) * Students are invited to reflect on the events of Holy Week and make a Wreath
- Holy Week: Reflections of the Events of Holy Week (Recommended for Students in 3rd-5th Grade) *Students are invited to read, reflect on the events of Holy Week and make a Easter Garden of Butterflies
- Holy Week: Reflections of the Events of Holy Week (Recommended for Students in 6th-8th Grade)*
- Students are invited to read and reflect in more detail the events of Holy Week and make a Paschal candle
- Students can do a Lenten Prayer Chain, create the Three Pillars of Lent, or find a “Lenten Companion”.
- EWTN Kids– Videos
- My Catholic Kids free access to their children’s video library during this time of national emergency. These videos help young children understand and engage with the Mass.
- The Pope Francis Minute -Videos
- Chime Travelers – Kid-friendly conversation about stories and storytellers. Fun daily challenges, learning and sharing opportunities and more! Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 10:30 am Pacific (1:30 pm Eastern) on YouTube.
- Saint Stories for Kids: Chantal Baros recreates saint stories, told in an engaging style and intermixed with sound effects for kids.
- Joseph D. White – Child and family psychologist, OSV. “How can we help kids cope with the stress of the outbreak and its ongoing effects to our everyday lives? Find Doctor White’s suggestions online.” Link to resource
- PSA: Talking to Your Kids about COVID-19 w/Dr. Harvey Payne. “Get tips on talking to your children effectively about COVID-19 to reduce anxiety.
Cuaresma y Semana Santa
- El Via Crucis -video
- Enseñar y celebrar la Cuaresma con niños católicos – Sadlier, Actividades y Recursos
- El Camino Hacia la Pascua– Actividades para la cuaresma y la pascua
- Via Crucis–Reflexiones Misioneras (Recomendado para todos los niveles de grado–Spanish)
- Cuaderno de Actividades para Semana Santa y la Pascua– Diócesis de Culiacán Parroquia de San Francisco de Asís.
Oración, videos, y otros
- Gesto, la revista de Infancia misionera editada por Obras Misionales Pontificias (OMP) – Edición de Marzo 2020 gratis, Los Misionerísimos, y los Juegos de Gesto
- Oraciones memorizadas – Librito de Oraciones católicas para niños – Arquidiócesis de Seattle
- Un Minuto con Francisco – Videos
- Catecismo en Tres minutos (Videos)
- Explicando el coronavirus a los niños pequeños o autistas y hablar de las emociones
Youth & Young Adults
Resources for pastoral juvenil, youth ministry, young adult ministry, and campus ministry
Online Prayer Opportunities
Adoration, praise & worship, praying the rosary, and Stations of the Cross
Tools for Ministering Online
Software and resources to help pastoral ministers move their ministries online.
Resources for Directors of Faith Formation, Catechists and Pastoral Leaders