$1,000 & movements/gestures will be used in diocesan, regional, and national V Encuentro events!
How to Enter
- Purchase and download the song Nuestra Alegría via OCP, iTunes or Amazon.
- Record an 18 second video of your group doing the movements/gestures to the Song Nuestra Alegría using the refrain timeframe 00:51-1:09 of the song.
- The movements/gestures must convey the meaning of the song’s lyrics.
- Include a challenge at the end inviting another youth/young adult group to participate.
- Edit your video.
- Upload your video to YouTube. In the Basic Info description include the name of your parish, group name, and members in the video. Provide the following attribution in the Music: Nuestra Alegría by Ivan Díaz © 2016, OCP. Used with Permission for the Nuestra Alegría Viral Video Contest.
- Submit the Official Contest Form Here.
- Deadline is
May 19, 2017. Extended to June 30, 2017!!!
- The contest is open to all Catholic Hispanic youth and young adult groups, in parishes, school or lay ecclesial movements in the 50 states within the United States.
- Video should only run from 00:51-1:09 of the song Nuestra Alegría.
- Videos do not need to be professionally shot or edited. Judging will be based on the movements/gestures.
- Movements must be appropriate for a Catholic youth setting.
Selection & Announcement of the Winners
- The V Encuentro will share your videos on our Facebook Page for Catholics across the U.S. to vote.
- A panel of judges will select the winners based on the number of likes on Facebook and the best movements/gestures.
- Winners will be announced on July 15, 2017.
About Nuestra Alegría
The track, “Nuestra Alegría,” was released by Oregon Catholic Press under the album Discípulos Misioneros: Testigos del Amor de Dios. The song highlights the theme of the V Encuentro “Missionary Disciples: Witnesses of God’s Love” and the joy of going out to encounter those in the peripheries of the Church. The song is written and performed by Iván Díaz a Catholic musician and composer. It is also available on iTunes and Amazon.