The V Encuentro has compiled a list of resources provided by partners and Catholic organizations that are meant to assist Hispanic/Latino pastoral ministers, parents, and Catholics. Included are resources, prayers, webinars, lists of online masses and live streams. By clicking on the link below, you will be leaving the V Encuentro website. Links are provided solely for the user’s convenience. By providing these links, the V Encuentro and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops assumes no responsibility for, nor does it necessarily endorse, the website, its content, or sponsoring organizations.
Mental Health resources during COVID-19
- Senior’s Guide to Mental Health During COVID-19
- Beating the quarantine blues: 5 ways to help your family cope while you’re all cooped up – OSV News
- Care for Your Anxiety – Shine
- Helping Children and Teens Cope with Anxiety About Covid-19 – Seattle Children’s
- Roy Petitfils.com and Helping Teens with Anxiety (Facebook recording) – Therapist at Pax Renewal Center, focused on teens
- Explaining coronavirus to young or autistic kids and addressing emotions – English, Spanish and other languages available
- Explaining coronavirus to young kids and addressing emotions – multiple languages available!
- Comic Exploring the new coronavirus
- Catholic During COVID-19 – Leah Murphy, Life Teen
- Help students overcome their fears of coronavirus – Greg Stier blog post
- Ave Maria Press– four webinars on stress, anxiety, and mental health
- Coping with COVID-19 Anxiety – California Catholic Conference
- Seven ways to manage ‘COVID Stress Syndrome’ –OSV
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Mental Health and COVID-19
- Practical Peace: 30 Days to Calm in Time of Uncertainty – Julia Hogan, a licensed psychotherapist, shares practical ways to actively live out peace in times of great uncertainty.
- How To Help A Child Struggling With Anxiety – NPR
- Catholic Apostolate Center Blog: The 14 Holy Helpers: Turning to the Saints During the Coronavirus, He Remains: A Reflection During the Coronavirus Pandemic, Creating an Inner Monastery During the Coronavirus Pandemic, Mental Health and Coronavirus
- Explicando el coronavirus a los niños pequeños o autistas y hablar de las emociones
- Monjas de clausura nos dan sus tips para tener una cuarentena alegre
- Centro del Apostolado Católico – artículos del blog: Presionando durante la sequedad espiritual, Prepárate para el llamado, Inhala, Exhala
- Tácticas caseras para evitar el stress y crear un clima familiar agradable-Dra. Dora Tobar